Like many Kansas City Royals fans, the new-look Cleveland Indians team has me worried about the Royals chances of reaching the postseason. Cleveland, on paper, looks to be an equal to Kansas City, and could realistically finish ahead of them in the division.
Worry no more, Royals fans. Kansas City is currently EIGHT games ahead of the Indians in spring training. Clearly, this is a sign of things to come, and I now laugh at the thought that a mere .500 team during spring training could ever worry me.
Major Off-Season Transactions
- HP M. Albers, RHP T. Bauer, RHP B. Shaw acquired from Dbacks for 1B/OF L. Anderson, SS D. Gregorius, and LHP T. Sipp
- SS D. Gregorius and OF D. Stubbs acquired from Reds for IF J. Donald and OF S. Choo
- 1B Mark Reynolds agreed to one-year contract
- OF Nick Swisher agreed to four-year contract
- OF Michael Bourn agreed to four-year contract
2) Francisco Lindor, SS, Grade B+
3) Dorssys Paulino, SS, Grade B
4) Mitch Brown, RHP, Grade B-
5) Tyler Naquin, OF, Grade B-
6) Cody Allen, RHP, Grade B-
7) Ronny Rodriguez, SS-2B, Grade C+
9) Jose Ramirez, 2B, Grade C+
10) Luigi Rodriguez, OF, Grade C+