Kansas City: Guthrie (12-8, 4.10 ERA)
Detroit: Sanchez (10-7, 2.58 ERA)
Fives games, 6 possible results. Lets step through each one
- Royals Win all 5 and would be 2.5 games out of 1st place. Might as pencil the parade. A five game sweep would keep hopes of winning the central alive and workable.
- Royals win 4 and would be 4.5 games out. Four wins makes up some decent ground in the Central, but much more work would need to be done.
- Royals win 3 and would be 6.5 games out. Making of ground would be great. Three wins is what the team should be hoping to achieve.
- Royals win 2 and would be 8.5 games out. Winning 2 of 5 is probably the most likely scenario, but it will kill the Royals chance of winning the Central.
- Royals win 1 and would be 10.5 games out. Chances of even making the wild card will be about gone with only 1 win. The team will only be 2 games over .500
- Royals win 0 and would be 12.5 games out. It was a nice run
Every series is big, but I think it is probably the biggest series for the Royals in two decades.
#Royals clear space for UTL Emilio Bonifacio by designating Elliot Johnson for assignment.— Bob Dutton (@Royals_Report) August 15, 2013