|Rnd||Name||Pos||Drafted Out of||Level(s)||YTD|
|1||Brandon Finnegan||LHP||Texas Christian University (Fort Worth TX)||A+/AA||0.79 ERA 7.5 K/9 1.2 B/9|
|1||Foster Griffin||LHP||The First Academy (Orlando FL)||Low-Rk||4.26 ERA 6.2 K/9 5.7 B/9|
|1||Chase Vallot||C||St. Thomas More HS (Lafayette LA)||Low-Rk||.227/.328/.436 7 HR 67/22 K/B|
|2||Scott Blewett||RHP||Baker HS (Baldwinsville NY)||Low-Rk||5.50 ERA 11.5 K/9 5 B/9|
|3||Eric Skoglund||LHP||University of Central Florida (Orlando FL)||Adv-Rk||5.09 ERA 9.8 K/9 3.5 B/9|
|4||D.J. Burt||SS||Fuquay-Varina HS (Fuquay-Varina NC)||Low-Rk||.219/.308/.281 2 HR 18/12 K/B|
|5||Corey Ray||RHP||Texas A&M University (College Station TX)||Low-Rk||3.34 ERA 6.7 K/9 2.1 B/9|
|6||Logan Moon||OF||Missouri Southern State University (Joplin MO)||Low-Rk||.316/.346/.429 2 HR 33/9 K/B|
|7||Brandon Downes||CF||University of Virginia (Charlottesville VA)||Adv-Rk||.345/.394/.538 3 HR 27/7 K/B|
|8||Ryan O'Hearn||1B||Sam Houston State University (Huntsville TX)||Adv-Rk||.379/.457/.611 10 HR 46/30 K/B|
|9||Brandon Thomasson||OF||Tennessee Technological University (Cookeville TN)||Adv-Rk||.250/.282/.380 1 HR 27/6 K/B|
|10||Nick Green||LHP||University of Utah (Salt Lake City UT)||Adv-Rk||4.38 ERA 8.8 K/9 0.7 B/9|
|11||Robert Pehl||OF||University of Washington (Seattle WA)||Adv-Rk||.358/.424/.487 3 HR 29/19 K/B|
|12||Emilio Ogando||LHP||St. Thomas University (Miami Gardens FL)||Adv-Rk||0.92 ERA 5.9 K/9 4.6 B/9|
|13||Eric Stout||LHP||Butler University (Indianapolis IN)||Adv-Rk||4.09 ERA 8.2 K/9 2.9 B/9|
|14||Ian Tompkins||LHP||Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green KY)||Low-Rk||2.61 ERA 9.6 K/9 11.3 B/9|
|15||Corey Toups||SS||Sam Houston State University (Huntsville TX)||Adv-Rk||.304/.442/.466 2 HR 32/38 K/B|
|16||Manny Olloque (minors)||3B||Torrance HS (Torrance CA)||Low-Rk||.317/.343/.413 0 HR 4/1 K/B|
|17||Brennan Henry||LHP||Bellevue University (Bellevue NE)||Low-Rk||4.35 ERA 7.8 K/9 7.8 B/9|
|18||Alberto Rodriguez||RHP||Northwest Florida State College (Niceville FL)||Adv-Rk||6.10 ERA 3.5 K/9 11.3 B/9|
|19||Scott Heineman||OF||University of Oregon (Eugene OR)||DNS; returns to Oregon|
|20||Kyle Pollock||C||University of Evansville (Evansville IN)||Adv-Rk||.292/.353/.400 2 HR 11/12 K/B|
|21||Evan Beal||RHP||University of South Carolina (Columbia SC)||Low-Rk||7.04 ERA 5.9 K/9 3.5 B/9|
|22||Mike Hill||SS||California State University Long Beach (Long Beach CA)||Adv-Rk||.284/.333/.411 2 HR 36/15 K/B|
|23||Eric Sandness||RHP||San Joaquin Delta College (Stockton CA)||Low-Rk||6.75 ERA 8.7 K/9 8.7 B/9|
|24||Brandon Thomas||LHP||San Diego State University (San Diego CA)||Adv-Rk||3.86 ERA 9.3 K/9 5.4 B/9|
|25||Rudy Martin||OF||Lewisburg HS (Olive Branch MS)||Has not played|
|26||Michael Arroyo||C||Puerto Rico Baseball Academy (Gurabo PR)||DNS|
|27||Alex Close||C||Liberty University (Lynchburg VA)||DNS; returns to Liberty|
|28||Joshua Banuelos||1B||Fresno Pacific University (Fresno CA)||Low-Rk||.290/.358/.395 2 HR 17/10 K/B|
|29||Vance Vizcaino||3B||Glendale Community College (Glendale AZ)||DNS; goes to Indy Ball?|
|30||Ryan Lillard (minors)||3B||Urbandale HS (Urbandale IA)||DNS; goes to ASU|
|31||Rocky McCord||RHP||Auburn University (Auburn AL)||DNS; returns to Auburn|
|32||Timothy Hill||LHP||Bacone College (Muskogee OK)||A-Rk/A||1.56 ERA 12.5 K/9 3.1 B/9|
|33||DonAndre Clark||OF||St. Mary's College of California (Moraga CA)||Adv-Rk||.257/.325/.295 0 HR 28/18 K/B|
|34||Todd Eaton||RHP||Southern Illinois University Carbondale (Carbondale IL)||Low-Rk||3.27 ERA 9 K/9 4.1 B/9|
|35||Andrew Sykes||LHP||Valparaiso HS (Valparaiso IN)||DNS; goes to Heartland CC|
|36||Brandon Gonzalez||OF||Villa Park HS (Villa Park CA)||DNS|
|37||David Noworyta||C||Holy Cross HS (Delran NJ)||DNS; goes to Hawaii|
|38||Cole Way||LHP||University of Tulsa (Tulsa OK)||Low-RK||2.35 ERA 7 K/9 2.3 B/9|
|39||Jeff Hendrix||OF||Oregon State University (Corvallis OR)||DNS; returns to OSU|
|40||Diego Francisco||2B||Palm Beach Central HS (Wellington FL)||DNS|
Hitting you right out of the gate with a big ol' spreadsheet. Nothing too crazy in today's article. Just a review of the 2014 draftees and some highlights. I'll let you peruse the list yourself and point out any observations or comments you've got.
- Brandon Finnegan has been excellent. I wasn't super high on him and placed him 30th overall on my Top-50 pre-draft board, but he's been worthy of the top-10 consideration he got pre-injury. A decent bet to see major league action this year from the bullpen. My guess is he won't be there long term. He's received some left-handed Marcus Stroman comps...which is nice.
- Chase Vallot has hit 7 home runs as a 17 year old while being 3 years younger than the average competition. The big slugger has shown his rawness in the contact department and chasing pitches, but has an 11.5% BB%.
- Ryan O'Hearn has been crushing the Pioneer League since his debut. The bat always had some good power and he showed excellent strike zone skills at Sam Houston. Is on his way to becoming a guy and is currently on the watch list. Will get some top 20 love from me in the offseason I'd bet.
- Corey Toups has walked 6 more times than he's struck out as well as hit for strong power. Sam Houston teammates with Ryan O'Hearn. Like O'Hearn, Toups is a guy to watch. He's played SS for Idaho Falls so far, but a move to 2B is likely on the horizon.
- Timothy Hill has struck out a batter in every appearance except for two games including 6 outings of 2 or more strikeouts and a 2 inning outing where he struck out 5 batters.
- Cole Way has been profiled by FanGraphs but in case you missed it, he's a tall reliever and might be the tallest player in all of baseball. Rather than playing baseball in college, he was the punter for the football team. He then picked up a baseball for the first time in years after being drafted. That might be an exaggeration, but he certainly didn't focus on baseball.