The plan was to write about Mr. Robot this week, as the finale was to have aired on Wednesday. Thanks to another spectacle of a shooting because a week can't go by with another mind-numbing instance of gun violence taking over the 24-hour news cycle, the Mr. Robot finale got pushed back a week.
1. The events in Roanoke on Wednesday were obviously tragic. Of course, my week had been building to the Mr. Robot finale. We were cat-sitting and had just burned through the whole season over the days leading up to Wednesday's could-have-been finale. Next week, cable-less, we'll have to find an alternate way to watch the episode. Complaining about such nonsense in light of the latest national tragedy is clearly narcissistic and infantile, but I know I'm not the only one who was bummed about the postponement of the airing of the finale. What is the most selfish feeling you have harbored in the face of tragedy?
2. It has been almost two months since I last worked a nine-to-five. It actually feels pretty awesome, though at least a month of that time was taken up by things like hauling our stuff across the country, looking for housing in a tough housing market, and moving our crap into a very small space which was a week-long ordeal. What's the longest amount of time after entering the work force that you went without a job?
3. While I don't yet have a job, I am shockingly not extremely concerned about this. We still have money in savings, and if need be I can cash in some mutual funds. What is the least worried you have been about something that you should definitely have been more concerned?
4. I like wallpaper and feel like there's a certain charm to wood paneling. What things that the rest of the world doesn't seem to like do you hold dear in your heart?
5. It's been a while since we've done one of these. What have you been listening to lately?
Boner #1: HGTV or Food Network?
Boner #2: Jackanapes or ne'er-do-well?