The Kansas City Royals have been finished with baseball for a while now, as the postseason band plays on and on. Today is a day of rest, as both the American and National League Champions travel to the Windy City for the third game in a contest that, at most, will only last to seven games. Then it will be the cold of winter, the eternal hope of better seasons to come. But there will be no baseball.
Kansas City residents can turn their attention to Sporting and the Chiefs. The former are in the Major League Soccer playoffs again, and the latter are one of the better teams in the AFC and are on track to get into the playoffs for the third time in the past four years. There's that, at least.
In the meantime, we can look back old-school style, when there were Friday off-topic threads weekly, where guys like John Lamb and Mike Montgomery were future aces, when a sentient stuffed cheese puff was not bloviating his way to the Presidency. That time is also now.
Off-topic questions, World Series travel day style
1. Would you rather live--not visit, live--in Cleveland or Chicago? Why?
2. Kenny Lofton almost didn't make his flight, and was helped out by a wonderful fan who recognized him. Have you ever missed a flight? What did you do?
3. What is the worst flying experience (during a flight) that you've had?
4. Airplane! is a staple of classic American comedy films. Do you like that style more or less than modern American comedy? Is it all the same to you?
5. What's the next sad playoff or championship streak you'd like to see broken in baseball (other than Cleveland/Cubs)?