Co-hosts Max Rieper and Shaun Newkirk aren’t nearly fast enough to be on the Royals, but they’re back to discuss the Royals’ off-season so far. In this episode, we cover off-season moves and discuss:
- The signing of Billy Hamilton, Terrance Gore, and Chris Owings and doubling-down on speed
- Rule 5 acquisitions Sam McWilliams and Chris Ellis and losing Elvis Luciano
- Who lands Bryce Harper and Manny Machado?
- What are the Indians up to?
- Is the trade market for second basemen soft?
Here are links to some of the things we talked about:
The ESPN article proposing a Whit Merrifield trade to the Dodgers.
Sheryl Ring’s Fangraphs article on agent-turned-GM Brodie Van Wagenen