The last Kansas City Royals game happened on Sunday. They lost. Their next game will be Friday, against the Minnesota Twins. They will probably lose.
It is in these terribly awful seasons that our love of baseball and the Royals is tested, and it is during the All-Star break that it is truly, truly tested. Because if we’re fans of the Royals, we should be impatient for baseball to start again, dang it.
But when baseball starts again, Kansas City will continue its march towards its worst season in its 50-year history. And who wants to watch that?
Regardless, the All-Star week isn’t particularly interesting. There aren’t any baseball games in general, let alone Royals games. So let’s talk about something not about baseball. Woohoo boredom!
Here are your five OT questions this week.
- What are your nights like when you can’t watch the Royals or baseball—IE, right now, or in the offseason?
- I had a coworker once ask me what my five favorite sports to watch were, which I thought was odd, because most people just watch a few sports regularly, if any. What is your second-favorite sport in which to partake outside of baseball?
- A trailer for a film called Overlord dropped today, which I wasn’t planning on paying any mind to until I saw that it was a JJ Abrams-produced movie. While Abrams didn’t direct it, it got me thinking: who do you think is best director whose name instantly gives gravitas to a project?
- We’re thinking about buying a new car while our most recent car has any trade-in value. What has been your experience with purchasing vehicles? Is it all it’s cracked up to be, worse, or better?
- What is the best big city to go on vacation in the United States? (BONUS: if you say ‘Branson,’ I will ban you)
Happy question answering, ya’ll.