A new year brings new possibilities, and thankfully, the Royals have not lost a single game this year! A new year may bring a clean slate for the Royals, but for us it means an opportunity to turn over a new leaf and improve ourselves with resolutions. Inlast year’s New Year’s thread, for my resolutions I said:
Read more books. Get off my phone with the kids around. Walk the dog more. Drink less soda.
Well, I did read more books! The key I think was ditching a book that I just wasn’t that into, instead of feeling obligated to finish it. So I ended up getting through a lot of books I actually enjoyed such as Astroball by Ben Reiter, What it Takes by Richard Ben Cramer, The Red and the Blue by Steve Kornacki, Football For a Buck by Jeff Pearlman, and Trail Fever, The Fifth Risk, and Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis.
I still need to get off my phone more around my kids (getting into HQ has not helped). I did walk my dog more, which has kept him very healthy despite being 15 now. The soda consumption hasn’t really changed much but hey, self-improvement is an everlasting work-in-progress.
As for resolutions this year, I would like to begin exercising at least 2-3 times a week, might even take up yoga. Lose about 10-15 pounds. I would like to finish a book on the Royals I have been working on.
What about you? Here are your New Year’s Day queries.
- What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
- What are your resolutions?
- What was a book, movie, TV show, album from 2018 that you would recommend?
- What in your personal life from 2018 are you proudest or happiest about?
- Is there anything about 2019 you are looking forward to?
- If I gave you all the willpower, time, and money in the world to accomplish one task or learn one skill in 2019, what would it be?
- Give us one baseball-related prediction and one non-baseball-related prediction about 2019.
Happy New Year’s, from everyone at Royals Review!