It’s been quite a week for the Kansas City Chiefs. It has been less important for the Kansas City Royals. In fact, you’d be forgiven if you thought the baseball team ceased to exist. Between the Chiefs’ success (and drama) and the Royals’ definitive non success (read: losing), nobody in Kansas City is thinking about the boys in blue.
So let’s not. Whew—that was easy! Here’s your quintet of off topic questions. Your quintet of music today is Victor Ewald’s Quintet No. 3, Movement IV.
- ROAD TRIP! What’s your favorite road trip you’ve ever been on? Alternatively, what is your ideal road trip?
- Just last week, there was a tribute concert to Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden and an influential figure in rock music. Many fans never got the chance to hear him live. What is one musical artist you want to see perform before they’re gone?
- You know that scene in the Matrix where Neo learns how to pilot a helicopter just by downloading that information? What is one thing that you wish you could learn to do like that?
- I’m going skiing for the first time this weekend, in preparation for a big trip to Colorado next month. If you have been skiing, how was it? If you haven’t, why not?
- In modern pop culture, there always seems to be something that everyone loves to hate, be it a band, a movie, or fashion trends. What is one thing that people love to hate that you don’t—and may, in fact, enjoy?
BONUS: Cupcakes, pie, brownies, or cake?