When you take a step back and look at it, VeggieTales is a monumentally bizarre creation. For those of you who didn’t grow up in Sunday School or AWANA or private Christian school or homeschool, VeggieTales is an animated kids series that teaches lessons to kids. These lessons can be broader and not explicitly Christian—Larry Boy and the Fib from Outer Space, for instance, deals with how lying can get you into all sorts of trouble—but some are simply depictions of Bible stories. By talking vegetables. It’s weird.
Anyway, the 1995 episode “Are You My Neighbor?” deals with the story of the Good Samaritan, and it features a song sung by vegetables about being busy. “Busy, busy, dreadfully busy, more than a bumblebee, more than an ant. Busy, busy, dreadfully busy, I’d like to help but I can’t.”
Maybe you’re busy, too, but this OT thread will help your worries. Maybe.
- How busy are you? Do you feel like you ought to be more or less busy? And how do you manage your time so you can actually do what you enjoy doing?
- When did you learn how to type? And how fast do you type? It’s a skill we all take for granted, but it’s still super important.
- Everyone’s got a job story where a coworker or boss was hilariously incompetent and/or stupid. Let’s hear one.
- I find music at a glacial pace, and am no good at finding new music. How do you discover new music to listen to—or do you even want to?
- You get to make a change to any piece of media—film, music, TV, books, etc. Could be an actor or a director change or a plot change or anything else. What is it?
BONUS: ‘GIF’ as in ‘gift’ or ‘GIF’ as in ‘just’?