This week, Max Rieper, Shaun Newkirk, and Alex Duvall take the podcast for a spin to react to a Lee Judge column decrying spin rate. We also discuss Kelvin Gutierrez and when other Royals farmhands might get the call to the big leagues this season, and if Chris Owings is standing in their way.
Among the topics we discuss:
- What should Royals fans expect with Kelvin Gutierrez?
- How long will the Royals stick with Chris Owings?
- When can we expect some more call ups from the minors?
- What is spin rate and why is it important?
- What Royals debuts did we anticipate?
Here are links to some of the things we talked about:
Rustin Dodd’s article on Chris Owings’ struggles this year.
Matthew LaMar’s article on how Owings is a sunk cost.
Lee Judge’s article on spin rate.
Max Rieper’s article on Royals debuts.