Ed note: I’ve got 3 holiday-ish Rumblings coming up between today, Christmas, and New Years. I wrote them all in early November when we were all worried about the election - a note which may look silly if, at the end of November, we’re still worrying about the election (or worse, which is a distinct possibility). Think of these more like the traditional OT Threads from days of yore: “Talk amongst yourselves. I’ll give you a topic.”
- I’m hoping we didn’t cover this yesterday. What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food? Turkey? Stuffing? Potatoes? Cranberries? Another side? Something unique to your family?
- Black Friday? Overrated? Underrated? Properly rated? Used to be better? We can all agree that Cyber Monday is a waste of time: it’s just less good Black Friday sales, right? Any cool gifts you’re hoping to snag for yourself this holiday season? We were talking about this a month or two ago and I’m still looking for a grill. How about you?
- The next month can be stressful and depressing for many people and I don’t think that gets talked about enough. Anything you want to get of your chest that you can share at RR? Big deals or small pet peeves?
- On the other side of the ledger, what are you looking forward to over the next month? Seeing family? Holiday parties? Ugly sweaters? Christmas songs on the radio? Snow (yes, I’m clearly a Texan)?
- What do you hope the Royals go shopping for the rest of the winter?