Just yesterday, I was wondering to myself when the Royals would have their first off day. I have greatly enjoyed the pedal to the medal pace of the current season. In a normal season, the league builds multiple days off into the first two weeks so that rainouts can be easily re-scheduled (and to ease players into the season). This is very annoying after months of no baseball, because there is BASEBALL and then nothing and then BASEBALL AGAIN.
But here I was, preparing myself to write a game thread for the Kansas City Royals and the Cincinnati Reds, excitedly preparing to watch Kris Bubic take the mound. Alas, there is no game tonight. So we’ll do what we have done in ages past here at Royals Review: the tried-and-true off topic thread, wherein the writer (me) of the post will ask questions and you answer in the comments if you feel so led by the spirit.
- If you have had more time available to you as the result of Covid, what is one thing—entertainment or productive—that you’ve done with it?
- Awful restaurant experiences are a dime a dozen. What is the best restaurant experience you’ve ever had?
- When was the last time that you called yourself “in shape?” And what’s the most strenuous physical activity you’ve done recently?
- A wizard shows up at your door, granting you status as a multi-millionaire. The catch: you must now either be mildly-to-moderately famous to the general population or extremely famous to a niche group of people. Which do you select?
- What is something that you’ve changed your mind on?
BONUS: Open-floor concept, yea or nay?