It’s Monday and there are, seriously, no baseball games to be played. The championship series have been set, and we’re getting ready for the World Series. Woohoo!
Additionally, we are all preparing for Halloween. Well, some of us. Others of us (like me) have rehearsal or some other event. Regardless, it is spooky season. So, let’s do a classic off topic thread related to spooky things. Let’s-a go.
- Not everyone loves scary or horror movies. But everyone has seen a movie with those elements. What is the spookiest or scariest movie you’ve seen that doesn’t fit the genre of horror?
- What’s the best Halloween candy? What’s the worst Halloween candy? And among the holidays with themed candy—namely, Easter, Halloween, and Christmas—which holiday has the best candy?
- Pretty much all of us has worn a Halloween costume as a kid, even if we didn’t carry that practice into adulthood. What is your proudest/best costume?
- Taking a small break from spooky season with this question: I just got a new TV for my basement, replacing a four-year-old model. TV technology is changing rapidly—when was the last time you got a new TV, and what did you land on?
- Halloween falls firmly in, well, fall (or autumn if you’re fancy). What reminds you about fall most of all? Is it the weather, the smells, the decorations, back to school starting?
BONUS: Favorite fall drink?