Your weekly AFL Royals update:
- Gavin Cross started just once for Surprise in the past week. Starting in right field, he went 1-4 with a walk. In 13 AFL plate appearances, he’s hitting .273/.385/.273.
- Peyton Wilson drew two starts at second base, one in left field, and one at DH. He’s constantly been on base, going 7-17 with two doubles, two homers, and four walks. In 31 AFL plate appearances, he’s hitting .417/.516/.792.
- Nick Loftin made his Fall League debut this week, starting once at second base and once at first. He went 3-11 with a couple doubles.
- Eric Cerantola threw three scoreless innings in relief last night, striking out four while only allowing two hits.
- Rylan Kaufman made his Fall League debut last week, working around a knock to toss a scoreless inning with two strikeouts. He also threw a scoreless inning last night, surrendering a hit and walk and striking out one.
- Jacob Wallace made one brief appearance, retiring both batters he faced.
- Beck Way made his Fall League debut last night, striking out three and walking one in a scoreless inning of relief.
- Angel Zerpa made his Fall League debut starting Saturday’s game. He tossed a scoreless inning, allowing one hit while striking out one. He started last night as well, throwing three innings of one-run ball with a couple walks and strikeouts.
Jackson County is exploring alternative ways to fund the Royals and Chiefs stadiums.
The Philadelphia Phillies crushed the Atlanta Braves to take a 2-1 series lead.
The Houston Astros won a squeaker over the Minnesota Twins to advance to their seventh consecutive ALCS.
The Arizona Diamondbacks shut down the Los Angeles Dodgers to complete the sweep.
Despite their sweep at the hands of the Rangers, Baltimore’s future remains bright.
Texas’s playoff run has been fueled by Creed.
Cleveland’s title drought has reached 75 years, the longest active drought in the sport. ($)
Steve Garvey is running for the U.S. Senate in California.
Diamond Sports Group is attempting to force DirecTV to pay for unaired Diamondbacks and Padres games.
Thanks to their disastrous loss, Miami enters this week’s College Football Bottom 10.
Kansas men’s basketball must vacate 15 wins and their Final Four appearance from the 2017-18 season.
Welcome to the NFL turf war.
As online sports betting proliferates, people are gambling at increasingly younger ages.
Grand Canyon Park Rangers: “Love is strong, but it is not as strong as our bolt cutters.”
The Parker Solar Probe keeps breaking its own speed record.
Your song of the day is Living Proof by Camila Cabello.